- confidently use a range of materials, tools and techniques
- communicate collaboratively in response to the senses
- know about great artists and designers and the historical development of their art
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other artistic techniques
- have visited an art gallery or museum to see art up close
Children study various artists and designers relevant to their learning within class and approach the arts through other curriculum subjects as well as learning the skills needed in painting, sculpture, drawing textile and 3D work.
EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE
In the EYFS children are given free opportunities to explore art through the senses both indoors and outdoors. They are taught to safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, and become confident in experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function through continuous provision. Art materials are available each day for the children.
Each child in the Federation has a sketchbook in which they are able to explore and practice skills. Children have ownership of these and take full control. We seek to give permission to each child so that they can feel free to try out new ideas in the way that they wish, and we seek for the children to be inspired by the work of others and to see how sketchbooks are used by artists the world over.
Kate Easter – Art Lead 2022